subbu,

  because of data consistency the system will not
allow you to delete the inventDimId's. These ID's
could be already present in other tables. when you
write delete the system will do some validations (like
if this record is available in some other tables) and
if it fails then the record does not get deleted.
     in case you need to delete the record without any
validations then write inventdim.dodelete(); but you
should not delete records from certain tables like
inventDim , inventtrans etc... by forcefully deleting
some other problems may occur.

cheers,
Girish

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250