Hi Girish,

Thank you for the help. I will check with DB guys about these.

Thank you,
Subbu

Girish B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Subbu,

There are a few things which you need to check

1. SQL tweaks
a. you could Switch the SQL Priority Boost on if you
are only connected to axapta on that sql server.
b. Use fixed memory - recommended around 750Mb.
c. Reduce the Transaction Log (usually if no settings
are done then you will find that the transaction log
gets bigger than the DB). (since i am not an SQL
expert you can Search Books Online for DBCC
Shrinkfile) it is something like below
    DBCC SHRINKFILE
    ( { file_name | file_id }
        { [ , target_size ]
            | [ , { EMPTYFILE | NOTRUNCATE |
TRUNCATEONLY } ]
        }
    )

2. Double check the way the connection settings are
done i.e which users are connected using 2 tier and
which users 3 tier thin and thick clients. Its
important that you actually get the user connect
remotely and check the performance. We usually tend to
check for performance using the 2 tier connection but
we need to see how it works remotely.

3. you said you had to write codes on
setfocus,lostfocus as you had no choice. are you sure
you tried all the other possibilites?

4. Now if you really dont want to have nightmares as
you go live then get more and more testings done by
the END USERS, which i believe you have already might
have done but it is just my experience and this was
the thing which hit me after i went live with one of
the our clients without the actual users doing much
testing (they usually said they are busy and just did
some basic testings).  By end users i mean not just
the people at the manager level but the actual users
(if in production environment then the person who
actually uses this system). This becomes much more
important when many new functionalities are included.

If i remember any more points i will mail you back.
Good luck. Happy implementing.

cheers,
Girish