I guess we had the same hot discussion topic some time back on dev axapta group or this group itself ?? !!!

mmmm ... at that point where the recid saturates , some table relations that use recid as key may start working wierd !!!  end result of it is .. some reports and forms will not show the correct data that it supposed to show !!

 anyways thats not a big issue as there is always a solution for every problem !!

 you can always delete a lot of processed orders and delete some historical transactions that
 are not relevent !. or back up historical data, delete the data from axapta and free up a bunch of recid's !!
I guess MBS should also be aware of this issue and must come over it in the next release !!

I always wondered why Axapta does not come with a periodic job with which we could back up
processed transactions by period .. I really expected this tool with every release .. but never came out !! may be with the next release :-) .. hope so ... I would really like to have a periodic function with which I could archive all processed transactions with a period option !  This will really solve recid problem also .. i have seen these options in BAAN expecially .I guess all good ERP packages have this ...but Axapta must have this atleast in the next release !!! ....
jus my thoughts ook ...
 may be buddies around here would comeup with better ideas or may be someone might already have a job to do this !!!

Cheeeers !

ABIN.

Steeve Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm really curious about that one...

Steeve...