Hi,

The answer to your Q1 is "YES" the demand is recognized and MRP will try to fullfill it by looking at the uposted Transafer journal.

In your Q2 the assumption I am making is that to start with WH-A had 1 pc not zeros (No Negative Inventory)  to start with, and then there is a Transfer journal which is yet to be posted, the  answer to Q2 will be "YES" provided WH-B is refilled by WH-A.

HK

James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether master planning factors in warehouse transfer journal lines that have not been posted?

I am thinking of making a solution whereby alot of warehouse transfer lines will exist but will not be posted immediately.

A simple example of this:
There is a production line that has 2 stages, at the end of each stage BOM items are reported as finished once produced. Each stage I plan to make as an Axapta warehouse (e.g. WH1 and WH2).
For the second stage (WH2) the items produced in the first stage will be consummed but for control purposes stage 2 must request the items from stage 1 into the stage2 warehouse and from there they can be consummed.

In this example if the user created a transfer line from WH1 to WH2 but did not yet post it, would the master planning actually take notice of this trasnfer or still suggest a transfer order?

Another example:
If WH-A and WH-B had zero qty of item X and a sales order was made for 1pcs of X from WH-B on delviery date 01/04/2005
If a transfer line existed (not yet posted) from WH-A to WH-B with date 15/03/2005
Would master planning suggest a PO into WH-A or WH-B?  Also would it suggest PO delivery by 15/03/2005?

I hope I have made sense and somebody can help
Thanks
James

Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!