Hi vshan,
  just be careful before including the dimensions (i
am assuming that by dimensions you mean
Configurations) to identify the alternate items.
Because if you are including the configurations only
to include the alternates then remember that this
configuration would be activated against this Item for
every transacction you make (inventory transactions,
purchases, sales etc..).
    i would have advised to include a new table and
make modifications to include the new requirement.
good luck,

cheers,
Girish

--- vshan12_rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hi,
   Thank You. But the user requires a facility wherein
he has an
option to choose from a list of alternates. He may do
this as the
rates may vary.  We are trying the option of defining
one part
number and using dimensions to indicate alternates

vshan

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com,
Hemant Kumthekar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The existing Alternate part is only used in Sales
Order module.
Axapta will use the Alternate item depending upon the
option you had
chosen

> 1. Never  - No action
> 2. Nothing In Inventory - Stock for Item A is
checked and if
nothing is found looks for Item B which you had
defined as alternate
and if found in stock Axapta replaces the Sales Order
line with Item
> 3. Always - whenever Item A is entered in Sales
Order line, it
will be replaced by Item B

> If you have to have a list of alternate items for
one item then
you may have to build a relation as shown below

> Item #          Alternate Item
>
> ITEM A  -->  ITEM B
> ITEM B  -->  ITEM C
> ITEM C  -->  ITEM A
>
> So when you try to sell Item A , and if B is not in
stock but C
has some Qty in Stock , Axapta will suggest Item C
when you try to
save the Sales Order Line. The above example is true
for the
option "Nothing in Inventory".

> HK
>

> vshan12_rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   What is the facility for multiple alternate parts
in Axapta?
> How does the existing alternate part feature work?
>
> vshan
>

> Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com