Hi Cenk

Batch and serial numbers are apart of the inventory dimension that is used to track an item or items for several purposes.

One batch consists of several items and each item has a unique serial number. If you purchase an item that makes you sick, when you call the manufacturer the first thing he may ask you for is the batch number so that he may look back at the production of that batch to see if he can detect the problem. He may also withdraw the entire batch from the market.

Varden Morris

J. Wray & Nephew Ltd. - Group I.S.

234 Spanish Town Road

Kingston 11, Jamaica, W.I.

Phone:  (876) - 923 - 6141 Ext. 2226
Fax:      (876) - 923 - 5372

Cell:      (876) - 3833566
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cenk Ince <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all

I want to learn the difference between serial and batch number. Which is used when?

Thanks.

Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor