hi Edward

It should be possible to do this but I think it will be a big pain.

Start out with an empty database and post one invoice and check the records created in inventTransPosting table. This will give you some idea.

SalesFormLetter_Invoice  -> Update now method wil update the debtor part of the transaction. passes control to InventUpd class which will calculate cost of inventory and update the inventory side of the ledger transaction (with the help of inventmovement - updateLedgerFinancial) and then will insert records into the above table (inventTransPosting).

You could also look at keeping the original cost the same and reducing the cost by using the cost amount adjustment field. ie. original cost 100 and you want to split 80 to one gl code and 20 to another gl code. In this case post 100 to the first gl code, -20 in adjustment to the same gl code and +20 again in adjustment to the different gl code. Will give you the net effect as desired. I am quite sure that what you are saying can be done this way.

regards

harry

edwardjosling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hallo all!

Does anyone come across the situation where at time of invoice
posting, cost of sales needs to be broken down into a material and
conversion cost components to be posted on seperate ledger accounts?

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here