Yes. I saw it in the X++ Advanced course material as follows:

4.1 USING DATA RETURN

So far, you have been working with methods that receive data when you open them. But you have yet to use methods that return data. Up to now, all methods you have written have specified void. Void indicates that there is no return value. As an example of a method that returns data, you could use the class method GetTickCount() from the WinAPI class.

GetTickCount() returns an integer that is the number of thousands of seconds that the system has been running.

If you want to create a method yourself that can return data, you must remember two things. Instead of using void, you must specify which data type you want returned. Here the possibilities are endless. All forms of data types may be returned, as well as database buffers and objects. You also have the option of specifying any type. This means that the method can return several different data types. In addition to this specification, you must also enter a command called return and specify what you want returned. Return must always be placed at the end, as this command concludes the method.

Raul Llorente Peña/OPENSOLUTIONS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey, do you mean GetTickCount() returns the time elapsed SINCE the startup of system, INSTEAD of the time of actual day??

That really sounds more logical, as Timenow() and WinAPI::GetTickCount() return values apparently not relationed.

Raúl Llorente Peña

Análisis, Desarrollo e Implementación en
Microsoft Bussiness Solutions-Axapta
OPEN SOLUTIONS

Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

14/04/2005 13:50

Por favor, responda a
Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com

Para
Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
cc
Asunto
RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] How to get actual time of system... with milliseconds or similar??

GetTickCount() returns an integer that is the number of thousands of seconds that the system has been running and not the time which I think Raul is interested in.
Varden Morris

J. Wray & Nephew Ltd. - Group I.S.
234 Spanish Town Road
Kingston 11, Jamaica, W.I.

Phone:  (876) - 923 - 6141 Ext. 2226
Fax:      (876) - 923 - 5372

Cell:      (876) - 3833566
Email:

Lars Holm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

WinAPI::getTickCount() returns the time in mili secs.

Best regards,

Lars Holm
Senior Technical Consultant