Good questions.... I'd like to know that, too.

Raúl Llorente Peña

Análisis, Desarrollo e Implementación en
Microsoft Bussiness Solutions-Axapta
OPEN SOLUTIONS

"hwimmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Enviado por: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com

21/04/2005 11:35

Por favor, responda a
Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com

Para
Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
cc
Asunto
[Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Oracle and ClusterIndex?

Hi
I have Axapta 3.0SP3 running on Oracle 9.2.0.2.1. (unfortunately I
only have MSSQL experience and no Oracle).

I know how Axapta creates an index if it is set in the
property "ClusterIndex" on the table (Flag "grouped" on index is set
to yes in MSSQL) and what the cluster means (organizing the data in
the table *physically* on the disk according that index).

Now: what happens with Oracle? I have read on several pages that
there is nothing like a clustered index in Oracle. There seems to be
something like "Index Organized Tables" but I do not know how to see
that in enterprise manager.

Question: if Axapta is running against Oracle 9, is there any action
by the Axapta kernel or will it simply not take care of it? How can
I check it and where can I see the Index Organized table?

Thanx and best regards
Helmut

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM