Here is some background information:

Objects created from a class will live at the location specified. If you choose “Call from”, the object will live at the tier where the code creating it (by calling the new constructor) is running. Classes extending other classes will also inherit the RunOn property. You cannot change it if it is Client or Server. If it Call from, you can leave it or change it to Client or Server. By default reports are called from.

Whenever you create a menu item the default value for the RunOn property is client. Changing it to server (as in the initial stage for you) will allow it to execute on the server. Since the CustVendReport_BalanceList class is “call from” it will be executed on the server where the menu item is set to execute from. Since the report is also “call from” it will execute on the server.

Changing the menu item RunOn property to “call from” (as in the latter stage for you) will cause the report to run on the client since it will be called from a form which runs on the client.

To be honest with you I do not see how changing the RunOn property makes a difference with the data being displayed from the report.

Varden Morris

J. Wray & Nephew Ltd. - Group I.S.

234 Spanish Town Road

Kingston 11, Jamaica, W.I.

Phone:  (876) - 923 - 6141 Ext. 2226
Fax:      (876) - 923 - 5372

Cell:      (876) - 3833566
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

jesse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Varden,

I went to the AOT -> Menu Item -> Output -> CustBalanceList ->
Properties and change the setting of "run on" from SERVER to CALL
FROM and i can generate the report in 3-tier.

However, certain reports are also having the setting SERVER and it
works fine in both 2 tier and 3 tier environment. It just baffle me
why and what does this setting really does. Do you have any idea?

Regards,
Jesse

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Varden Morris
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jesse

> Are you sure you are connecting to the same data source that the
AOS is using?

> jesse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Jim,
>
> Yes... it's the same company.
>
> Regards,
> Eng Han
>
> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Jim Dickie
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Are you logging in to the same company?
> >
> > Jim

Limit
> > Report (Accounts Receivables\Reports\Status). There is no
> > customiastion on this report and it is a standard report.
> >
> > When i log into Axapta using 2 tier the report generates
perfectly,
> > but when i log into Axpata using 3-tier, I get the error "Report
is
> > Empty"
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jesse
> >

> > Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
> >

> >   _____
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > *      To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >
> > *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> subject=Uns
> > ubscribe>
> >
> > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.