Hi Jens,

It is standard or best practice in Axapta to have a find method on all tables. This method is a static method that returns a buffer of the table type. Some tables may have more that one find method for specific purposes. The CustVendExternalItem table that you mention has methods find and findExternalItemId with different parameters for each method.

For example, to get the buffer of a customer with account number 100010 you would do the following.

CustTable custTable;     //Declare the buffer for the customer table

custTable = CustTable::find(‘100010’);    //load the buffer with the customer record

You may then retrieve the data from the buffer for use.

Varden Morris

J. Wray & Nephew Ltd. - Group I.S.

234 Spanish Town Road

Kingston 11, Jamaica, W.I.

Phone:  (876) - 923 - 6141 Ext. 2226
Fax:      (876) - 923 - 5372

Cell:      (876) - 3833566
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jens Strandberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello there,

Ax 3.0 SP 3

I would like to add a feature to the InventTable form, so that I would be able to search for certain information in CustVendExternalItem, join this information with the corresponding InventTable records and present the InventTable records in the "normal" InventTable form.

I am looking for a generic way to accomplish this in order to be able to expand the search facilities to other, related tables, e.g. InventTxt.

What would be the best solution ?

Thanks in advance !

Best Regards,

Jens