Just one more note on this:  If your data file grows, cool, that means employees being busy!  I know of companies whose database grows by 1GB per WEEK and more!  3-4GB per year is not unusual!!!

If you log file grows, take a look at your backup schedule, backup software, and maintenance plans to see if everything is working OK.  If the log file keeps growing, and growing, and growing, you are more than likely missing a good backup routine.

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com on behalf of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 4/25/2005 11:58 AM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Antwort: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] After Upgrade DB increases over 13 GB

Hi,

I tried this, but the real problem is the .mdf file. this one increases from 10 Gb to 13 Gb.

the log file has 5 gb, but i have delete it.

so the other problem ist, that on normal use the db.file  increases 3-4 Gb per  year.

so what strategy is the best way to shrink the .mdf file?

thanks for your help

best regards

sascha

Raul Llorente Peña/OPENSOLUTIONS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gesendet von: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com

25.04.2005 18:09

Bitte antworten an
Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com

An
Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Kopie
Thema
Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] After Upgrade DB increases over 13 GB

Securely the most of increasing have been on Log file. Backup the BBDD, detach it, delete log file, and then reatach the data file. SQL will create a new, empty, very much smaller log file.

SQL have provided some shrink options, but they are often few effective.

Raúl Llorente Peña

Análisis, Desarrollo e Implementación en
Microsoft Bussiness Solutions-Axapta
OPEN SOLUTIONS