Hi Harry,
  thanks for the info. i had found that the following
method from class InventUpd_Reservation is used while
reserving from standard sales order form.
InventUpd_Reservation::updateReserveFromForm

thanks again.

cheers,
Girish
--- "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi
>
> Say Sales order is on Warehouse MW, Location A1
> Say Purchase order is received on Warehouse MW,
> Location A2
>
> Say a transfer journal is posted from MW-A1 to MW-A2
>
> Your sales order is still on MW-A1 so Axapta cannot
> reserve the stock against MW-A2.
>
> However, the sales order inventory line status
> remains ReservPhysical this is incorrect since there
> is no stock in MW-A1 to reserve against. This is a
> bug.
>
> What you could perhaps do is
>
> Class: InventUpdate.
>
> Copy method "UpdateReserveAgain" to a new method
> called say UpdateReserveAgainPhysical" (or pass new
> paramters to the existing method").
>
> The above method looks for transaction that are
> reserveOrdered, you will have to change this to look
> for transactions that are reservedPhysical.
>
> next look at method writeInventTrans line 75 and 76
> has the following code.
>
>     if (reserveAgainDimId)

this.updateReserveAgain(reserveAgainDimId,_inventTrans.qty);

> [...]
> automatically
> reserve the received item.
>
> 3. Now since 002 is the outbound location the user
> wants to move  (transfer journal) the item from
> location 001 to 002.
>
> 4. right now since the item was already reserved,
> the
> user has to first go to the sales line , unreserve
> the
> line. then make the transfer journal posting. then
> go
> back to sales line and reserve again.
>
> 5. the requirement was that when the transfer
> journal
> is posted, the system should first find the reserved
> sales line (if pick list not posted) and unreserve
> it.
> Now the transfer posting should be complted and then
> again the reservation to the sales line has to be
> done
> (as this time it will be from new location).
>
> i hope the query is clear now. if you have worked on
> something like this then let me know.
>   have a nice week end.
> cheers,
> Girish
>
> --- "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > hi Girish
> >
> > questions:
> >
> > If a line has the status of reserved that means
> its
> > not yet received. How can you transfer an item
> that
> > has not yet been received?
> >
> > What am I missing? What you say should work in
> > standard axapta
> >
> > regards
> >
> > harsh
> > Girish Bhatkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> >    Has any one worked on unreserving and then
> > reserving automatically (by coding). Is there
> > anything
> > that should be taken care of during this
> > development.
> >
> >   The requirement is that if a reservation is done
> > for
> > an sales line for item A in warehouse MW then when
> > transfer journal is posted to move the item A from
> > warehouse "MW" to warehouse "Main" then the
> > reservation against the sales line should be
> removed
> > and then automatically reserve against the item in
> > Main warehouse.  Has anyone worked on this
> > functionality?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > cheers,
> > Girish

> > How much free photo storage do you get? Store your
> > holiday
> > snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos
> > http://uk.photos.yahoo.com
> >

> > Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

> to:
> >
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

> > protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

> Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC

=== message truncated ===

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM