From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Mike Matta
Sent: 23 June 2005 20:04
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Mike Matta
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Remote Access Question

My Company is about to sign a contract to purchase Axapta and Consulting services from a local VAR.  We are an International Company.  Our main office and IT Dept (including all servers) are on the East Coast.  We also have offices in Europe, the UK, Canada, and we have a warehouse in California.  We have concerns about the ability of Axapta to respond in a timely manner from remote sites (like Eastern Europe, UK, Canada, and California).  We did a site visit and did some testing with remote access.  They had really slow response times unless they used terminal services.   Even then, the performance did not seem consistent.

We are purchasing all modules except HR.  Our heaviest traffic will be in the areas of CRM, Quoting, Sales Order Processing, Product Management and purchasing, and manufacturing.  We have about 125 local users and about 30 - 40 remotes users who need full capability (not just sales reps that can use the web portal to view stock status, or create quotes)

I would like to hear from anyone with experience in remote access.  If you had this problem I would like to hear how you fixed it.  If you have remote users who never had this problem, I would like to hear that too.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mike Matta