hi

Re-implemented Axapta on the server and now everything seems fine.

However I had removed all the Axapta references from the registry so could not test your scenario. And of course I could not find out why the upgrade got mucked up the last time for me.

What I did not know was applBuildNo method on applicationVersion class returns the SP number of the installation, this is a hard-coded text. This info saves me some time since next time all I have to do is check this method to see if Axapta has been upgraded correctly. Learn something new every day

regards

harry

Jayson Joseph Thattil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Harry

Some thing similar happend to me

I did all the upgrade on the Lap top(Win XP) It shows
SP4 in the Help and it is working fine.

then I tried on Server (Win 2003 server) updated the
Client  / AOS  / Application

During application upgradation the time taken for
transferring files were less.

I noticed the SysInetmail class which has SYP layer
modification in SP4 was missing in the 2003 Server
upgrade.

Then I tried the work around by creating  a copy of
standard.

Basicaly Standard folder is not upgrading
for some reason.

Hope this will help

Thanks

Jayson

--- "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

> here is the status of the things so far.

> My mucked up Axapta environment is on the server.

> I have changed the picture in ax32.exe for sp3
> version so if I manage to run v3 client instead of
> v4 client, I will notice it immediately.

> So I was sure that I was running the correct client.

> Next I checked the fix-list for SP4 and made sure
> that the correct application is being run (by going
> into AOT and checking the syp layer on the classes).

> So I was sure that I was running the correct
> application.

> Still help - about was giving my version as SP3 and
> not SP4.

> So I created a new implementation on my laptop, here
> the help-about was giving me SP4.

> I copied the client from the my laptop to the server
> and and help-about was still stuck at SP3.

> Next I copied the application directory from my
> laptop to the server and now the help-about
> identified my application as SP4.

> Not sure what is happening.

> Now I copied the entire client and application
> directory from SP3 environment on the server to the
> new SP4 environment on my laptop and ran Axapta now
> help-about shows only version 3.0 and no service
> pack.

> Needless to say I have ruined my server as well as
> my laptop, will try to rebuild from scratch over the
> weekend and see if I can figure out the problem.

> For now, it seems there is something in the
> application directory that is causing this problem.

> regards

> harry

> Jayson Joseph Thattil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It seems there is a bug in SP4 installation
>
> In order to get Sp4 application upgraded in
>
> Windows 2003 server(Not sure) You need create a
> copy
> of Standard folder and apply the upgrade on the Copy
>
> and rename back to standard.
>
> This is the way it worked for me.
>
> TJJ
>

> --- "Suresh Kumar K."
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Harry,
> >
> > It does appear...
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> > ________________________________
> >
> > From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On
> > Behalf Of Harry
> > (Harshawardhan Deshpande
> > Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:01 AM
> > To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] SP4 Help
> >

> > hi
> >

> > I am not sure what is wrong on my machine but...
> >

> > if someone has installed SP4, can you click on
> help
> > - about MBS-Axapta
> > and tell me whether SP4 appears on the screen?
> >

> > regards
> >

> > harry
> >

> > ________________________________
> >
> > Yahoo! Sports
> > Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy

<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=33539/*http:/football.fa

ntasysports.yahoo.com?ovchn=YAH&ovcpn=Integration&ovcrn=Mail+footer&ovrf
> > d=YAH&ovtac=AD%20>
> >
> > Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

> > *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an
> email to:
> >

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]