Thanks!

---------------------------

Igor "Ingar" Ilyashenko

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jesper Kehlet
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:06 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] GAAP IAS

I must assume you mean a comparison between GAAP and IAS/IFRS, as there are no such thing as a singular "GAAP IAS".  If you go to http://www.iasb.org you will find more information, including a book on the subject that is due out soon, although only on US GAAP.

While IASB and IASC are governing IFRS, GAAP is a more diffuse term.  There is US GAAP, German GAAP, UK GAAP, and many more.  In the US, FASB (http://www.fasb.org) is governing US GAAP, however, it is just a version of GAAP, and if you want to have a generic comparison, you're in for a bumpy ride.

For example, the main difference between US & German GAAP lies in the valuation pricinciples, although there are other differences.

And for Eastern Europe, there is a different GAAP.  Well, to get you started look at these links:

    Comparisons of IFRS and national GAAPs:    http://www.iasplus.com/country/compare.htm

Knock yourself out!  :-))