From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 5:35 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Sales Order - Question

hi Brandon

this email is just for the sakes of complete discussion.

it is not necessary tha the update and insert methods on a table will be executed. The logic may go for doInsert and doUpdate. though I cant think of a scenario where doInsert/Update methods are called for sales table it may be worthwhile to check this out especially the modifications developed by your programmers (I have seen a lot of times that programmers will uncessarily call the doInsert/update methods).
Another problem that you are going to face is ttsabort. If a transaction is inserted into the database and later aborted then there is no easy way to get hold of this abort statement.  You can avoid this problem to a great extent by putting your code after the ttscommit statement (if any) in the insert/update method

I have not checked all the code but one place where you will be completely lost will be if a piece of code is creating a sales order and there is a tts loop at the higher level. For e.g. may be creation of inter-company orders etc. Or may be auto creation of sales lines.

I would give a serious thought to writing triggers in sql server.  I am aware that sql server is a black box for Axapta and believe me I personally hate doing such triggers but in your case it may be the correct way to go.

regards

harry