Hi all,

I think most of you have probably have encounter this
before.  Once the user creates a new voucher, say in
General Journal > lines, a new number will be assigned
by the system automatically according to the number
sequence setup.  If the user deletes the voucher
transaction before posting, the voucher number will be
cached in the system for reuse. (Note:  I found out
the clean up function in number sequence form is not
really working properly, does anyone encounter the
same problem?)

A senario given as follows:

User A creates a new voucher number 10 in GL journal
lines.  Subsequently when User B create a voucher in
the lines again, the number will be 11.

If User B deletes the voucher before posting, the
voucher number 11 will be stored in the system so that
when User C creates a new transaction in the line,
number 11 will be reused.

However, sometimes instead of number 11 being picked
up, the system will assign 12 to the voucher number,
causing a gap in the voucher number.

This will create problem when a system audit is
performed, one may doubt about the completeness and
integrity of the transactions as the voucher number is
not continuous.

Can anyone explain on this? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jack Koh