Cenk Ince,

This is very exciting - if I have understood your question??? - then I
might get to provide my first ever answer!

I believe you have an item that has inventory transactions without
serial number control - and now you want to start serial number
control for that same item?

We have recently done this - but we only use the inventory management
module - we do not have warehouse module - not sure if you have it? -
and if you do, whether it makes any difference?

Assume you know how to set up the inventory dimension group for serial
number control (if not let me know), then;

1 - Take note of current stock balances and locations for the item

2 - Do a stock count journal to remove all on hand (should now equal
zero - put in a transaction comment about why you did it)

3 - Change the dimension group for the item to serial number control

4 - Change the inventory dimension display for each of the forms you
will be using to include serial number control & click save

5 - Do a stock take journal to put the stock back in, and specify the
serial numbers

That should be it.

Steve

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Cenk Ince"