Hi there...

This is what we have - I do have some questions about our
environment and how to best setup the EP:

Current Environment:
----------------------------
2 servers functioning as AOS/Application servers (APPL1/APPL2)
1 server functioning as IIS server
2 servers (clustered) functioning as SQL server

•       Windows Server 2003.
•       Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition for APPL1/APPL2 and the
IIS Server
•       SQL Server is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.
•       IIS Server is currently on a Windows domain but it will be
moved to a Firewall  zone before launch.
•       When IIS Server is moved to a Firewall zone it will not be a
member of our Windows domain.

Questions:

In a multi server environment on what server should the Axapta
Business Connector be installed?  Should it be on both Application
Servers or should it be on the IIS Server?

If the Axapta Business Connector is installed on both Application
Servers:
---------------------------

1.      On what server should the .asp (and associated) files for
the Enterprise Portal be located?

2.      Should it be on either Application Server 1 or Application
Server 2 with a virtual directory setup on the IIS Server?

3.      Should it be on the IIS Server?  How do the .asp pages
locate the Business Connector?

4.      How do we setup the virtual directory on the IIS Server to
see the 2 Application servers?

If the Axapta Business Connector is installed on the IIS Server:
-------------

1.      Do we need to install the Axapta client on this machine?
How will this connect to our internal network?

2.      Under what security context/account do we set the Axapta
Business Connector to run as since it will not be on our domain?

3.      What rights does the account that runs the Axapta Business
Connector need to our AOS/App servers?  Our SQL Servers?  Our IIS
servers?

4.      How do we link the account used by the Axapta Business
Connector to an account in Axapta?

5.      Should we have a specific account in Axapta used solely for
the Business Connector?

6.      When you specify the Axapta Configuration Profile to be used
by the Enterprise Portal how will this connect to servers on our
internal network?

7.      Should the Business Connector be using a 3-Tier Thin client
configuration or a 2-Tier Fat client configuration?

Thanks in advance!
Aldo