 Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:23:11 -0000
   From: "hkruiniger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: : Re: Denying user access to form setup
Thanks to you both, Dmitry and Sun Fen, I have finally cracked this
now.  I had almost gotten there - I was trying to set the Security
Key against the form and getting nowhere!  I also noticed that the
relevant Configuration key is also not set against the
Tab:ControlTab, so no wonder that wasn't working...!
wrt your comment about the strange requirement (MIB :-)) you are
right, and I have advised my client to continue to allow access to
this feature, since it would not be possible for an admin to make
changes on their behalf either.
Hans
--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Dyachenko, Dmitry"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]...> wrote:
> It seems like you guys are talking about different things.
> Hans (as far as I understand) wants to disable the whole "setup"
feature, but Jens talks just about adding fields on the form.
> Jens, even if you set "no access" for that security key you still
can drag-n-drop field on a form.

> Ok, here is my solution. Look, I'm a developer, so I am not afraid
of touching Axapta.
> So, if you need to restrict users from modifying just one
particular form, you can use Sun Fen's way. It works perfectly.

> If you want to disable the whole feature, you need to go to
AOT\Forms\SysSetupForm.

> You need to assign a security key for the tab:controltab and
set "no access" value for this key in users group security in Admin
domain.

> Having done that you restrict your users from doing user setup.
They will see just empty form.

> Second way is much more elegant. There is a
class "SysSetupFormRun" and you can add your specific logic right in
there.

> I hope it will help.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jens Strandberg
> Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:34 AM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: : [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Denying user access to
form setup

> Hi Hans,
>
> Very strange.. When I "disconnect" users from the user group
allowed to
> change the form setup, they actually cannot change anything.
>
> Hmm, I will take a further look...
>
> /Jens

hkruiniger