From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Subrahmanyam, Mamidi
Sent: 30 August 2005 11:22
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] SQL Duplicate company error

Hi  James,

as per your advice to duplicate the problem, I did as the following.

1. Created a new Table SUNExample with 2 fields and populated data.
2. Exporrted the Table /
3. Logged on to 'CUS' layer ( We don;t have access to VAR ) and reimported the SUNExample Table. There I added a third table to this table so that I made sure the same table name exists with different versions and populated diffferent data.

4. Now , I logged on to USR layer and duplicated the company - No problem or no SQL trans error.

5. Now, I logged in now to CUS layer and duplicated the company - No problem.

I am using SP3 and Ax3.
Microsoft Ax acts sometimes very fishy :(.
seems, like sometime IE crashes without reason. seems its also the same fishy :((

But, I will keep an eye and will discuss with you if I get this problem again.

kind regards
subbu

James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think this problem is the same as what I posted earlier about export always crashing and it was because having some tables in both VAR and USR but as diferent eleemnts (i.e. 2 tables appear in the AOT with samename).  I guess when Axapta gets to one of them it finds actual there is no SQL table name or something liek that and hence the error.

Once the programmer cleans up this mess I am pretty sure it will work.

Sync and compile every other day seems very wrong to me....
Thanks for your input
James