Hi All,

It depends on the contents of the string.

If it is some thing related to a number like salesId,
Quotation ID etc.. it all right aligned

If it is text string like ItemId it is left aligned.

I think it is for sorting to work correctly.

We had issues with number string field not sorting
correctly with left aligned

it was like this

1000
2
300
4
55

JJT

--- "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi
>
> the technical reason why item id is left aligned is
> because that is the property of the extended data
> type. There is no technical reason why the edt
> itseelf is left aligned, this is a functional
> requirement. I think the left alignment and right
> alignment is decided upon what looks nice.
>
> regards
>
> harry
>
> "Subrahmanyam, Mamidi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am sorry.  I think I didn;t put my question in
> correct way.
>
> what is the technical reason behind setting lfet
> alignment or right alignment?.
>
> Fpr example: Why is 'ItemId'  left aligned? and
> LedgerNum is 'right' aligned?.
>
>  ( Because, if its right ligned, I need to put
> spaces or use ' strltrim' in order to get the
> correct select statement currectly work.  )
>
> Any idea?
> Thanks & Regards,
> subbu
>

> DIEGO MARIANO GAGLIANO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> Hi Hennie
>
> Axapta have this setting standard, I think because
> many companies used this aligment, but you can
> change when Axapta is installed.
>
> Why Axapta use blank space at front when is right
> aligment, I don't know.
>

> Best regards,
>         Diego M. Gagliano
>
> Please fill free to contact me if you have any
> question.
> I look forward to hear about you.

> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com

> to:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>  Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM