hi Vardan

yes, you are right, I did come up with an in-correct answer

regards

harry

Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As far as I can recall, when you call this method on a temporary table with a buffer as parameter it sets the pointer of the temporary table to point to the buffer in the parameter. The temporary table will then have access to the data in the buffer.

Varden Morris

Senior Developer

WellPoint Systems Inc.
Suite 2000, 500 - 4th Ave SW
Calgary
, Alberta, Canada
T2P 2V6

(403) 444-5848 direct

(403) 444-3900 main

www.wellpoint.ca

"Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi Patrick

I was joking the correct answer is 1)Set the table temporary as temporary
of course this does not serve any purpose since the table is already temporary.

regards

harry

chuapatrickd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Harry,

so you mean the answer is not among the choices because you can not
use setttempdata on a temporary table ?

What are settempdata anyway, pls clarify because I'm just new in
Axapta.

Regards,
patrick

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Harry
\(Harshawardhan Deshpande" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi Patrick

> why would anyone use settmpdata on a temporary table?

> regards

> harry
>
> chuapatrickd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi to All,
>
> Any one who know the answer for this question ?
>
> When using temporary table what does settempdata(common) do?
> 1. Set the table temporary as temporary
> 2. Set table permanently as temporary
> 3. Points to the record in temp table where the cursor common
points to
> 4. Sets common as temporary
>
> Any answer with accompanying explanation is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.