the esiest way is to create new extended data type,
e.g. AAA_ProjId and create a form ProjIdLookUp, which
filters desired records. Then on AAA_ProjId FormHelp
property filed  specify that form you have just
created.

the other way is to use form with desired form control
that has overwriten lookup method (instead of dialog
class with dialogField).
how this works - check LedgerBalanceSheetPrint class.
It uses Form as a dialog.
then you should check ProjTable method
lookupProjWIP(). it constructs some specific query
that filters records.

hope it helps

--- "Subrahmanyam, Mamidi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Harry,
>
> I am using a dialog class in a report.
>
> dlvProjectId = _dialog.addField(typeid(ProjId),
> 'Select Project ID');
>
> Can I filter records on this ProjectID  on this
> dialog ?. The basic problem is I canot  use a
> relation  if I want to create and extend to ProjID .
> As I want to select only project starting with 'A'.
>
> I have no forms in my project. Can you please throw
> me some hints?
> Thanks & Regards,
> subbu
>

> "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi
>
> I can confirm that yes it is certainly possible. I
> remember doing this by getting the control of the
> form design (being used for looup).
>
> regards
>
> harry
>

> "Subrahmanyam, Mamidi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone tried to have a dynamic lookup on a
> dialogue field?.
>
> Of course we can do it in a form by overiding the
> control's lookup method. But just wondering if
> anyone has tried to have a dynamic lookup.
>
> My requirement is projectId.
>
> But for example, user just wants to see only
>
> 05.A
> 05.A.201
> 05.A.201.333
>
> Means I am not able to have a EDT which extends to
> ProjID which can filter 'LIKE *.A* project IDs...
>

> Please can anyone let me know if anyone tried this
> way?.
> thanks & Regards,
> subbu
>

> ---------------------------------
> Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief
> effort.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief
> effort.

> Axapta Business finance course Business finance
> online course Business finance class Business
> finance schools Business finances

> to:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>  Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina
> relief effort.

Paulius Cerniauskas
Phone: +37062049339
ICQ: 280959446

http://mail.yahoo.com

Help tsunami villages rebuild at GlobalGiving. The real work starts now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/njNroD/KbOLAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM