Hello All;

In the plant where Axapta is used, there are 3 shifts - 1st, 2nd and
3rd.  We are trying to schedule people who assemble equipment. An
assembly operation usually takes more hours than can be accomplished
in a single shift.  Therefore, people on the next shift take over
and continue assembling the equipment.

I have a single work center group set up that contains individual
work centers.  The work centers are of type 'Human Resource' and
represent each of the assembly people. I also have three calendars
set up - one for each shift.  The work centers contain the
appropriate calendar for the shift the person works.

Whenever I run job scheduling for the production order it always
uses a single work center and schedules it out for multiple
consecutive days, scheduling only one shift per day. I want it to
schedule all three shifts in a single day - the first shift work
center, then the second shift work center, then the third shift work
center. After a single day of all three shifts having been
scheduled, then it should begin the process again for the next day
until all of the demand is satisfied.

In the route, I have set the 'Quantity of Work Centers' field to 3
and it still does not schedule consecutive shifts per day. In fact,
I get an interesting error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Spadaro
Clients First Business Solutions

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM