From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bayliss, Barry
Sent: 15 September 2005 07:46
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Table keeps appearing in USR layer when I sync!!!

James,

In my experience it is best NEVER to use the ‘export with id’ option.  As a rule, your development system may contain objects which are not released to the live system, hence the number sequences will be different.

The only time you would consider using the ‘export with id’ is when you refer directly to the objects id.  However, there are a number of functions that can be used to obtain the objects id.  For example,

Using IDs directly

            Switch (object.tableID)

{

            Case     103:

                        Xxxxxxxxxx;

Break;

            Case     345:

                        Xxxxxxxxxx;

Break;

}

Using functions to obtain the Id.

            Switch  (object.TableID)

            {

                        Case     TableNum(EmplTable):

                                    Xxxxxxxxxx;

Break;

                        Case     TableNum(PurchTable):

                                    XXXXXXXXXX;

                                    Break;

            }

James, I am curious why you believe it is better to use ‘export with ID’?

Barry.