Hi, Steve,

You may set your preferred file format when print the
report to a file. The function name is
preferredFileFormat in printJobSettings class. Here is
the sample code in init method of a report:

public void init()
{
    super();

element.printJobSettings().preferredFileFormat(PrintFormat::PDF);
}

Hope this help.

PS: Is there a problem with yahoogroups or yahoo mail?
I have sent this message twice including this one.

--- Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Go to the property page and set the EnumValue
> property of ASCII to say 100, then set the EnumValue
> for PDF to 0 (zero) the first in the list. Set the
> EnumValue of ASCII to the value that PDF had and
> save the Enum.
>
> Akash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hi,
> just try to change the places of Pdf ( move to
> first)
> and Ascii physically in the enum and that will work.
>

> Regards
> Akash
>
> --- slees32 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> ---------------------------------
> Our users when emailing a document from Axapta
> almost
> always choose
> PDF.
> However the standard default is ASCII meaning they
> always have to
> click on the combo box and select PDF from the
> bottom
> of the list.
>
> The default seems to be controlled by the element
> ASCII of the base
> enum SysPrintFileType, which is set to enumvalue 0.
>
> Tried swapping this enumvalue with the element PDF
> which does make it
> the default, however it stil produces an ASCII file.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> I presume this is a simple change but I am just not
> competent enough
> to work it out.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Steve

> to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo!
> Terms of Service.
>

> ---------------------------------
>

> __________________________________
> http://mail.yahoo.com

> to:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>

> ---------------------------------
>

> Varden Morris
> Senior Developer
> WellPoint Systems Inc.
>
> (403) 444-5848 direct
> (403) 444-3900 main
> www.wellpoint.ca
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! for Good
>  Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina
> relief effort.

Best regards,

Sonny Wibawa Adi
MBS Certified Professional - Axapta 3.0 Technical
MCSD.NET
MCAD.NET

Yahoo! for Good

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM