Hi

I have an import script that is inserting/updating info to an Axapta temp
table that has about 7 fields in it.

In my import script I need to go into this temp table to check if a record
already exists based on three of the fields that are being imported (i.e.
checking what I am importing whetehr it has been imported before etc).

I am wondering is it worth while to put a unqiue index on this table for
these 3 fields or not?

I am expecting maybe to have 50,000 records in this temp table every time I
run the import script and will need to search it maybe 500,000 times during
the import....

If there is no index will SQL do some 'optimization' so the performance
difference is minimal? (I mean the number of fields on the table is not that
many more than the index and I am wondering given the small size of the
record SQL will cache or keep all the records in memory - although since it
is a TMP table I am not sure will any of this be stored in the SQL or on the
client - should I cahnge from TMP to normal table???)

Appreaciate some advice so as to speed up this import
Thanks
James

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM