From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DIEGO MARIANO GAGLIANO
Sent: 05 October 2005 20:06
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Negative onhand check

Hi James

1) Check if the inventory accept negative stock, and If accept change to not Accept negative stock.
2) Why not try to close inventory every week?

"Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi James

should be a piece of cake.

take on hand inventory as of today and then i.e. 3td October and then adjust it for transactions between 29th Sept and 3rd October. The code to do this is also there in standard axapta (used for inventory on hand report ) and not I dont think there will be big performance implications.

regards

harry

James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Harry,

But any chance can advise is there a single class/method that does checks this variable and does the onhand check?

The reason is my customer wants to considered changing the onhand check to be based on stock 'as at' the inventory posting date of the transaction....

BTW has anyone ever tried or considered such a modification. I understand it has performance impact but my customer really wants to avoid at start of month that someone can back date an out going transaction to the previous month even when there was really no stock at that time, example:

1) Actual date 3rd Oct, user enters RAF into Axapta (posting date 3rd Oct) so onhand becomes 10
2) Actual date 3rd Oct, user enters sales delivery or invoice into Axapta (posting date 29 Sept) - - this is allowed by system as onhand is 10 but should not be allowed as onhand at 29th Sept was zero.

Thanks
James