All the ? does is ensure that at least 1 position is occupied.  ?? would be 2 positions occupied.

Danny

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Varden Morris
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 7:08 AM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: QueryBuildRange value

It appears that whatever the statement is doing it could have done it without the question sign in the quote. For best practice you should look at the static methods with names that start with "value" in the sysQuery class.

qr.query().dataSourceNo(2).rangeField(fieldNum(CustInvoiceJour,
TaxInvoiceNo)).value('!?*');

You can try

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Hennie Potgieter"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,

> I encountered the following code in my application:

> qr.query().dataSourceNo(2).rangeField(fieldNum(CustInvoiceJour,
> TaxInvoiceNo)).value('!?*');

> Can anyone please explain to me what the value('!?*') means?  I
suspect
> is specifies a null?  Is this the only/simplest way of specifying
null
> in a query range value or is there something simpler?

> Hennie

> Hennie Potgieter - Senior Axapta Business Analyst
> UTi Sun Couriers Division | Cnr Olievenhout Rd & Brakfontein Rd,
> Centurion, 0061
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] | O 012-6732340 | F 012-6732344

Varden Morris
Senior Developer
WellPoint Systems Inc.

(403) 444-5848 direct
(403) 444-3900 main

(403) 615-1604  cell
www.wellpoint.ca
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! for Good

Business finance consultant Business finance magazine Business finance uk