Michael,
Sorry can't help, I don't implement items in the projects/ assigments, only service/ hours.
Good luck.

On 10/11/05, fwoldemichael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Daniel, but that's not what I meant. What we want is to
generate a sales order for the contract we have secured. Creating a
sales order requires that you then list the items to be included in
the sales order. Our problem is that we don't know all the items
that need to be included in the sales order before hand--we only
have the group totals and not a break down of the items included in
the group. A sales order of type "Blanket" is available in Axapta
against which you can create 'release orders'. However, this also
requires that you are able to list all items included in the order.
So my question was: is there any way to generate a sales order with
the agreed upon price of a sales but without listing all items of
the order beforehand? Following is a schematic of what I am trying
to say:-)

Secured a contract to supply machinery services for say $1,000,000
Contract has three main groups:
A - Supply of machinery and equipment, say $700,000
B - Supply of knowhow, say $100,000
C - Installation and commissioning, the balance $200,000

Payment: 3 payments based on milestones for the services and several
payments against documents for the machinery and equipment as they
are shipped.

All these we have set-up in a T&M project, including the on-account
payments. Now, how do we create a sales order to recognize the sale
(contract) for the amount of $1,000,000 without listing all the
items contained in the three main groups? Of course, subsequent
transactions of items that generate their own sales orders (items
that we now know for sure) have to be offset from the initial
amount. Forgive me for the length of my post and thanks in advance!

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel J.
Redelinghuys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't want this to sound harsh but, If you go and check in the
training
> manual ("Users guide for Project Management" they explain it
rather ok, U
> can create a summary project but only for viewing purposes not
registering
> hours against, ext..
> You will probably use the on-account for time and material project.
> Please have a look at the manual as there are a lot of issues that
will have
> taken into account.
>
>  On 10/10/05, fwoldemichael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Our company recently installed an Axapta system and are having
some
> > problems adapting it to our mode of work. An example is below:
> >
> > We want to create a sales order for an order we secured (supply
of
> > equipment and services)--we have to use the project module of
course.
> > How do we create a [summary?] sales order to register the order
as one
> > order and then periodically generate offsetting sales orders as
we are
> > able to enter the order lines? (We don't know all the items that
have
> > to be included in the order at the creation of the sales order
and
> > hence cannot enter all the sales order lines). I would
appreciate very
> > much any insight into this problem. Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Michael
> >

> > Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

> >    [EMAIL PROTECTED]<Axapta-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >     - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
> >

> >  ------------------------------
> >

> --
> Regards
>
> ** Niel **
> ---------------------------
> D.J. Redelinghuys
>
> "Give a man a computer program and you give him a headache,
> but teach him to program computers and you give him the power to
create
> headaches for others for the rest of his life..."
> R. B. Forest
>
> Public WebSite:
> http://gundwale.tripod.com/

** Niel **