Hi Marlena,

In a closed period you cannot post transactions.
Go to the periods forms under General
Ledger/Setup/Periods/Periods

In this form find the period belonging to the date of
very invoice and change the status to "open".

After posting the transaction you can close the period
again.

The purpose of closing periods is to ensure to prevent
any accidental posting to a processed accountancy
period. You must always inform the accountancy
deparment after making such a posting in a closed
period because some of the end-of-period reports may
have been changed.

I hope it heps.

Best Regards

--- marlenasimpson1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was hoping someone would be able to help.  Here's
> the situation:
> Customer "A" paid us 25$ for an invoice.  This 25$
> payment was applied
> to Customer "B" account in error.  On customer "B"
> account, the
> payment was applied to 3 invoices, 1 for 10$
> (original $10), 2 for 10$
> (original 10$) and 3 for 5$ (originally 5.14$).  As
> you would imagine,
> (because we have penny differnce activated), Axapta
> wrote off the .14
> cent difference.
> When we realized that we applied payment to the
> wrong account, we
> tried to reverse the paymnets.  Invoice 1 and 2
> reversed no problem.
> Invoice 3 gives us an error. (a period closed
> error).
> Would anyone know how to bypass this?
> Thanks,
> MKS