Hi

I just had a customer notice that when posting a journal that the
ledgertrans transtext for the offset account is having the transaction text
set based on the auto trans text setup.  I always thought the offset trans
text (if the 'offset trans text' field in the journal is left blank) would
follow the transtext in the journal for the primary account!!!?? In this
case the offset account transtext ended up as 'Exchange gain/loss' (as the
system calculated some gain/loss and for some reason used this) and the
amounts are like a few hundred thousand USD for each posting so the customer
almost died from shock when they saw it intially!!!!

Is this a bug (I feel so)? maybe changed in later SP?
If not can anyone suggest the best place where I can make a change so the
offset transtext follows the journal transtext?

Thanks
James

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM