Hi Stephen,
I think you have to make some adoptions.
What do you think of this proposal: When the item is sold to the customer and you use it later on as a by-product then in my opinion this should be considered as a "new" item (the old one but the owner is your customer).
So when you nvoice the original item you should create an inflow (with no costs) for a new item (perhaps a new field in InventTable that points to this new item). This new item has no cost price.
John

slees32 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
We have a sort of reverse consignment stock process for much of then
inventory we make (probably around 90% of our items).
We make a product (that is made to order for the customer), invoice
it to the customer, but then hold it in stock to be used later in a
higher level product in another part of the business.
The advantage for our business from invoicing in advance is improved
cash flow.

The first problem this causes with most standard inventory systems
is that when you invoice the product it is removed from stock.
We want to continue holding it in stock.

A secondary problem is that the item no longer has a value to our
company, but the original item we produced it under does have a
standard cost.

Any suggestions for the best process to manage this within Axapta?

Thanks,

Steve.

H.W. Bous

1000 kostenlose SMS gewinnen? Verschicken Sie diese Woche SMS über Yahoo! Mail: http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/de/mobile/1000text