hi James

reboot your server and check if it has the desired effect.

regards

harry

James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

Can anyone tell me have you had problems with security settings being set but when the user login they can do things that in security are disabled?

A few things I think might be causing this:
1) Change of VAR layer after security rights set
2) Bug in Axapta with security on elements in VAR or USR layer....

BTW I am using domains...

The security settings are stored in the DB or one of the axapta appl files?
How come I can only see std Axapta elemnts in the 'Security' lookup inside permissions (i.e. have to select 'Main menu' in order to see and set security rights for new elements I have created)?

Thanks
James