hi Steve

Dont have a clue about SQL server and I am no expert on hardware.

But I had a client who had the same problem. We got in an electronic expert who identified the problem with number of read-write heads on the sql server, problem with the temporary memory on sql server and some network card on the machine that hosted sql server.

Dont know how he figured out the problem but that did the trick.

you are looking at a person who has a degree in electronics with substantially experience with sql server and some experience with Axapta

regards

harry

Steeve Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Harry and Brandon,

Here's our setup for a 60 users environment:

1 AOS

Dual 1.3 Ghz

1 gig RAM

1 DB Server

Dual 1.3 Ghz

3 gig RAM

DB : 4 SCSI disks Raid 10

Log : 2 SCSI disks Mirror

OS : 2 SCSI disks Mirror

Brandon :

We're already did a review from the ground up and added some RAM to our DB server and now the sqlserver uses 1.7 gig and there's always 1gig available.  The real bottleneck we've found is the Read on our DB disks.  When looking at the windows performance tool we can see "Avg. Disk Read Queue Length" hitting real high for long period of time.  I'm guessing some querys uses Table Scan.  That's why I wanted to reduce read by reviewing bad queries in the code.  Our DB disk setup with pretty much the best we can do before going on a SAN.  Our AOS seems at ease with the work load.  That's why I'm now arrived at step 4, looking at the code.

Harry :

No specific place in Axapta.  What I want to do is reduced Table Scan globally and minimize blocking.  For blocking I will start to look at custom process that does a lot of inventory transfer in 1 long transaction and try to split it up.  Blocking here is a major pain.  It can happen 3 times a day sometimes.  They usually resolve themselves out but the more it takes time, the more people get blocked.

Finally, I'm using the SQL Profiler to check query with long duration.  Sometimes, when I see lines like :

exec sp_cursorexecute 241, @P1 output, @P2 output, @P3 output, @P4 output, 'boa', 0, 0, 'boa', '596965'

How can I know the query that is executed?

Thanks for reading thru,

Regards,

Steeve...