Dear all,

We would like to use Axapta Project for Construction Industry. Axapta doesn't allow Activity in Cost and Item Consumption Journal. For construction projects it is very important to have item consumption costing at activity level by which I can summarize at category level. Would you please let us know how we can map this requirement in Projects.

As Microsoft suggested, Creating each activity as a sub-project is not practical in construction industry. There will be hundereds of activities in construction.

As there is no activity at item consumption level, could you please suggest or give me work around how can I capture Labor and Material at activity level. For example, I have the following WBS:
1. Super Structure
1.1 Slab Area 1
1.1.1 Formworks (this has Labor + Shuttering Plywood)
1.1.2 Steel fabrication and installation (this has Labor + Steel)
1.1.3 Concreting (This has Labour + Ready Mix Concrete + Equipment)

Could you please suggest me how can I capture the above at activity level.

Also, Can I use Forecast to upload Estimates?

Thanks,