Von: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im
Auftrag von Jens Strandberg
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. November 2005 12:42
An: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Persmissions in Axapta, bug ?

Hello there,

I have stumbled into a possible bug, when I am assigning user group permissions
within a specific area.

We have been able to reproduce the error in all our 3 Axapta environments, and
it could be interesting to see, if someone can do the same. We are running
Axapta 3.0 SP3.

1. Create a new user
2. Create a new user group
3. Give the user group permission to something in the production menu, e.g.
"Route".
4. Log on as the new user

If I am correct in my assumption, the user cannot access anything; no menu is
opened. Axapta cannot - to the best of my knowledge - see, that certain
permissions in the production module have been granted.

The supposed bug may be further visualized, if you view the security tree based
on "Main menu". Here you will, once you have granted permissions i for example
Sales Ledger or Purchase Ledger, experience that the menu changes to bold. If
you choose something within the Production menu, the menu will not change
appearance.

Can anyone of you reproduce this ?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

/Jens

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM