Thanks Hardi and Barry for reply...

I think both of u meant to try out the same thing..
I changed the property of the Master - Ledger Table and end up with an error as follows (when synchronizing the table)

Error Synchronise Cannot execute a data definition language command on  ().
The SQL database has issued an error.
Info Synchronise SQL error description: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'SP_RENAME'.
Info Synchronise SQL statement: EXECUTE SP_RENAME X221X,LEDGERTABLE
Error Synchronise Cannot execute a data definition language command on  ().
The SQL database has issued an error.
Info Synchronise SQL error description: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'LEDGERTABLE'.
Info Synchronise SQL statement: CREATE VIEW LEDGERACCOUNTVIEW AS SELECT A.ACCOUNTNUM AS ACCOUNTNUM,A.ACCOUNTNAME AS ACCOUNTNAME,A.ACCOUNTPLTYPE AS ACCOUNTPLTYPE,A.DIMENSION AS DIMENSION1,A.DIMENSION2_ AS DIMENSION12_,A.DIMENSION3_ AS DIMENSION13_,A.DATAAREAID AS DATAAREAID,A.RECID AS RECID FROM LEDGERTABLE A(NOLOCK)
Error Synchronise Cannot execute a data definition language command on  ().
The SQL database has issued an error.
Info Synchronise SQL error description: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'LEDGERTABLE'.
Info Synchronise SQL statement: CREATE VIEW LEDGERTRANSVIEW AS SELECT A.AMOUNTMST AS AMOUNTMST,A.DATAAREAID AS DATAAREAID,A.RECID AS RECID,B.DATAAREAID AS DATAAREAID#2,B.ACCOUNTNUM AS ACCOUNTNUM,B.ACCOUNTNAME AS ACCOUNTNAME,B.ACCOUNTPLTYPE AS ACCOUNTPLTYPE FROM LEDGERTRANS A,LEDGERTABLE B WHERE (A.ACCOUNTNUM=B.ACCOUNTNUM)
Error Synchronise Problems during SQL data dictionary synchronisation.
The operation failed.
Info Synchronise Synchronise failed on 3 table(s)

Any guesses why?

I cant used the option, as Tany and Hardi suggested,  of database log as the client hasn't purchased this license...

Any other suggestions??

thanks in Advance

Hardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sherin,

One of the solution is to enable "Database Log" functionality
(Administration/Setup/Database Log) and follow the wizard to create.
After that the result you can tranck from
Administraiton/Inquiries/Database Log.

More sophisticated solution but need to go to AOT:
Go to AOT, select the master tables you expect to track and look for
properties form and enable: "created by"; "created date"; "modified
by"; "modified by" or something sounds like that.

After finished with the table then go to the form, add fields to the
form for "created by"; "created date"; "modified by"; "modified by"
to the form. Using this method you or anyone can directly see on the
form itself who is the creator of who is the modifier and when.

Hopefully can help you

Thanks & regards

Hardi T

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "sherin_gf"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> Is there a standard feature within Axapta, to have a log (audit
trail)
> of the master data : Eg: Chart of Accounts.
>
> Like, when created, who created, etc...
> Searched in all the possible tabs, but cudn't find any...
>
> If not, has anybody customized any functionality...
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Kind Regards,
> Sherin Francis

Yahoo! Personals