Dear frds,

  A am a new entrant to Axapta. I wanted to Integrate a Barcode
reader/scanner device with Axapta. Does any one knows which scanner to
purchase and how both will communicate with one another. I wanted to used the
barcode for tracing the Fixed Asset.
  When we purchase a Fixed Asset, a barcode number shall be created:
Where this number gets saved [table]. Now i shall print the label and
paste it on the asset.
  Now when ever we read the barcode by means of a scanner which
supports all the barcode standard that Axapta also supports. I need to retrive
some specific information about the asset like where its placed & type
of asset.

  Barcode when scanned will provide all this details in the Axapta
application's Form or some Form of the Software provided by the barcode
device vendor.
  How will this device gather information present within Axapta
database?

  NOW A LICENSE RELATED QUERY
  I am having a license for Finance basic and advanced both. Trade and
Logistics but NOT WMS.

  Still I can set the barcode for Items in Item master and also set the
barcode for fixed asset. But i don't have any thing to print the
barcode as [Label] that part comes into WMS license which my client is not
having. What is the way out to print the barcode or do we need to do
cusstomization.

  Also if any one nkows a Barcode device vendor whose reader can be
integrated with Axapta in India pls contact me: 09986013420 or send me the
contacts.

  Regards,
  Lubhit Singhvi