Title: Message
Its a new year but an old problem I think some of you have faced!!! ;)

Hi everyone I need some advice to change a production environment's inventory dimension groups setup

Currently it is average across the item (i.e. no dimensions ticked as financial) but the customer does not like having the inventory value report show 'residual' values in warehouses or locations when qty is zero (known issue of using average and not ticking financial).

Therefore they want to change to ticking financial for warehouse.  Doing the tick is no problem but how to clear out all the inventsum residual values????

Should I do recalc and closing and then tick?
After tick should I do recalc and closing?
I dont think either of these will clear the residual values right?

Will a onhand adjustment do the trick?

Even if I clear all the inventory via a journal the inventsum records will still have the residual values right?
And I cannot just go and reset these values otherwise if I run the onhand report back in time then the figures will get screwed up because the invetnsum is the starting point.....
BTW I recall in earlier versions of Axapta there was a function to check and recalculate the inventsum records

Personnally I cannot think of a way that will not have problems so hoping someone might already have been through such and can help advise.

The only way I see is to do the following steps:
1) Print onhand reports
2) Tick the warehouse as financial
3) Run the recalc of inventsum records (if there is such a function still)
4) Print onhand reports
5) Keep both reports

Any better solutions?

Thanks