Our company is just in the process of setting up, populating tables,
and doing training on Axapta. It will be several months before we go
live.The two consultants that are working with us do not have very
much knowledge of the Axapta Products Builder.

We are a manufacturing company and would like to use the Product
Builder to do estimates and quotes on new products. An important
requirement is that we be able to save the results of a user session
of the Product Builder to a table so that it can be edited in the
future.

Our estimaters have to gather a lot of data and frequently begin
working on an estimate before all the data has been accumulated. They
need the ability to save a user session and return to it at any time
to enter additional data and/or edit existing information. They will
normally not need to generate the BOM and Route until all the data
has been entered and verified. I anticipate that they will need the
ability to copy an existing configuration to a new configuration and
then make some changes to the new configuration in order that the
costs of the two can be compared.

I am not talking about the product models; I understand that these
are permanently saved (until they are deliberately deleted). What we
will need is the ability to keep the results of running the
configuration user dialog for one of the products models and be able
to edit the data previously entered.

Is this possible with the Axapta Product Builder?

Thanks very much in advance.