I wont swap, but suppose I did will that effect already stored data i mean in
the SQL table values are stored only ya?? so 0 = days now it will be months if
something in coding is based on this or what?

  thanks guys , its really helping.

"Subrahmanyam, Mamidi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Varden,

  Why dont we suggest in doing
  Classes - LedgerJournalEngine_LedgerPeriodic so that it will not change
whereever LedgerJournalTrans is used.. I think I recommend in doing the period
class so that it applied for thet periodic journal only.......

Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi In Memories,

  The only side effect I can see from doing this is that everywhere this enum
is used the default value will be month. One Alternative is to insert the line
of code shown below in the initValue method on the ledgerJournalTrans data
source in the form. In order to get around the hard coding you could add a
parameter value to the GL module and set the required value from there. This
however involves some amount of coding.

  Please note that if you want this to be the default whenever a line is
inserted in the ledgerJournalTrans table from any location in the application
the best place to place the code is in the initValue method of the
ledgerJournalTrans table.

  void initValue()
{
      super();
      ledgerJournalTrans.FreqCode = PeriodUnit::Month;
    ledgerJournalEngine.initValue(ledgerJournalTrans);
  }

In Memories <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  G.L module ---Periodic----Periodic Journal ----- Lines---- Field Name = Unit
, next to the Currency.
  Form Name = LedgerJounalTransPeriodic
   in the general tab, Grid, ComboBox:LedgerJournalTrans_FreqCode, freqCode is
based in an Enum.

  Thanks

Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  You are most welcome. Could you please give me some more details on where to
find this control for the journal line of period journals? I looked through the
entire form and I think I am missing it.

In Memories <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Thanks Varden for the reply i didnt
even know about this form. It worked. before i tried AssetTable lookup group
but didnt work.

  one more thing if you please: in the peridic Journal line the Unit (Days,
Months, Year) is based on a Enum PeriodicUnit which by default is coming Days
whenever adding new line, how to change this default to Months? Its not a
property ya?? just coding?

  Again thanks

Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  For this particular case, the Lookup method for the control is overriden and
the form AssetLookup is being used to do the lookup. You should therfore modify
this form by dragging and dropping the required fields from the data source to
the grid control.

In Memories <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Hi,

  How can i add more columns to a standard lookup form? example in GL, Inventoy
to fixed assets lines journals, want to add more columns to the lookup form
that drops down to select Fixed asset number.

  thanks in advance,

IN MEMORIES

        Business finance course   Business to business finance   Small business
finance     Business finance consultant   Business finance magazine   Business
finance schools

                Varden Morris
Senior Developer
WellPoint Systems Inc.