Hi,

   u can do it by this way..

  queryBuildRange =  queryBuildDataSource.addRange(fieldNum(ProjTable,ParentID)

   queryBuildRange.value(strfmt('((parentID == %1) && (sortindID ==
%2))',"value1" ,"value 2"));

  If the parameters r stings .. put them within quotes" "like "%1"or "%2"

  Regards,

  Gopi.B

Padmaja Iyingar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi,

  Here is the lookup I using.

  public void lookup()
{
      Query                   query          = new Query();
    QueryBuildDataSource    queryBuildDataSource;
    QueryBuildRange         queryBuildRange  ;
      SysTableLookup          sysTableLookup =
SysTableLookup::newParameters(tableNum(ProjTable), this);
    str rangeStr;
      ;

    sysTableLookup.addLookupField(fieldNum(ProjTable, ProjId));
      queryBuildDataSource = query.addDataSource(tableNum(ProjTable));
      queryBuildRange =  queryBuildDataSource.addRange(fieldNum(ProjTable,
RecId))  ;
      //queryBuildDataSource.addRange(fieldNum(ProjTable, parentId)).value('');

    //queryBuildDataSource.range(2).addRange(fieldId2Ext(fieldnum(ProjTable,
sortingId),1)).value('PLANT');

   rangeStr = strfmt("'((%1 == %3))' + '&& (%2 == %4))'",
fieldId2Ext(fieldnum(ProjTable, sortingId),1),fieldNum(ProjTable,ParentID),
'PLANT',"");

      queryBuildRange.value(rangeStr);

    sysTableLookup.parmQuery(query);
      sysTableLookup.performFormLookup();
}

  I want to build the query with AND Range...

  Equivalent select statement..

  While select projTable where ProjTable.ParentID == '" and
projTable.sortindID[1] == 'PLANT'

  what is the quivalent in addrange...

  The reocrds are no getting filtered and I get all the reocrds...How can I
achive this..on the Table level. My form has no data source....

  I am not able to do AND in AddRange firleds..

  please help help help

  Padmaja,