Von: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com im Auftrag von jetjockey.geo
Gesendet: Di 07.02.2006 22:02
An: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: SQL Server timeout

 Thanks David, unfortunately that didn't help.

 I've made an additional discovery. If I'm connected to my work
network, it behaves normally. Once I disconnect, I get these errors.
It could be some sort of name resolution problem. Axapta does seem to
think that the DB is on the network. It's not, it's on the same
machine and always has been. Any ideas at all apreciated because, at
present, Axapta is useless to me.

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "David Casas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It´s a resolution name problem.
> Try with the ip, and if you can modify de hosts file adding the
local name with the ip.

> Regards.
>
> David

Userid=[bmssa],Database=[AXDB],Server=[(local)\AXMSDE001],DSN=[AXMSDE001],
>   Other=[]
>
>   You may refer to the error log file for further details.
>
>   Retry the operation
>   --------------
>
>   Previously, a retry would get things going again, sometimes after
>   several attempts. Now, nothing works. I've done some reading around
>   regarding SQL Server timeouts and tried reinstalling both Axapta and
>   the Desktop SQL Engine numerous times without success. The log files
>   and system event log contain nothing that I can relate to this.
>
>   The one thing I have noticed is that the AXMSDE001 datasource doesn't
>   connect if the local domain is used. If I change it to use
>   "garys-laptop\AXMSDE001" (the machine name) it connects. The error
>   shows that Axapta is trying to use local. What I don't understand is
>   why local fails. Changing the datasource to use "garys-laptop" doesn't
>   stop Axapta failing, even though the datasource connects.
>
>   As always, any ideas are appreciated.
>
>   Thanks,
>
>       Gary.
>

>   Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.