  _____

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Varden Morris
Sent: 13 February 2006 04:07 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Can Axapta handle automatic Bank
Reconciliation?

How can you say that it has nothing to do with bank reconciliation. If you
really understand the process you would see that it reduces the amount of
work taken for the reconciliation process. And by the way I did not make
this up, it is apart of the Financial II course for Microsoft Dynamics Ax.

"Bonk, David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Bridging accounts have
nothing to do with the reconciliation process;
they are used in cases where for example you receive a post dated cheque
from a customer. You want to record this fact in the AR sub ledger but
do not want it to affect the bank GL account.  If the payment method
uses a bridging account then the debit will be to the bridging account.
You then need to go through a process using a GL journal to reverse the
bridging account entry and affecting the bank when you deposit the
cheque or it clears, depending on your process.

David