Hi,

  The best way to handle this is to define each branch as a seperate company.
Because most of your requirements (Seperate number sequence, Restricted access
to branch doc., Branchwise financial statements) are straight away handled if
each branch is defined as a seperate company.

  Of course you need to do bit of customization to handle centralized purchases
and payments.

  Regards
  Shan

Vaibhav Pednekar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi,

For one of our Customer having retail business,

i have done it in the following way

Added financial dimension -> Branch  & Shop on the warehouse master.

Provided number sequence setup on warehouse, example Sales Invoices.

Also modified the master planning to run based on the Branch Financial
dimension on warehouse.

So Financial statements, master planning, are handled.

For documents and reports you need to check how best you can use the record
level security, May be for reports you can customize menu item per branch.

Wish u all the success.

regards
Vaibhav

On 2/10/06, snk19692000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I request comments on how to handle the below scenario.
> The client has many branches but they belong to the same company. The
> solution proposed was to use one of the dimensions for branches. In
> this we faced the following problems.
>
> 1.Branch wise number sequences ie. continuity of document numbers for
> all document types.
> 1.Branch wise reports viz. Financial Statements like Trial Balance /
> Balance sheet.
> 3. How would we restrict access to all data/documents raised with
> respect to each branch with respect to Add/View/Update/Delete. I.e..
> A document raised by a user of one branch should be accessed only by
> users of that branch whether for viewing / updating / deleting etc.
> Currently the dimensions are available only for capturing info and
> reporting purpose.
>
> How to handle these requirements in Axapta?
> The client would not prefer use multiple companies for each branch,
> since he has centralized payments and purchases.
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards
> Nanda
>

> Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
> Visit www.frappr.com/axapta for axapta friends.
> Yahoo! Groups Links

        Business finance course   Business to business finance   Small business
finance     Business finance consultant   Business finance magazine   Business
finance schools