Hi,

  If you want to change the unit of measure you can do so, but before doing
that, take care if the new unit of measure will chnage any inventory valuation.
If not then you first need to delete all the open Transactions i.e the
Transactions generated by P.O / S.O / Production Order in "Open Order" or
"Ordered" status. Also you need to check how are you goign to take care of any
inventory on hand. Typically I will issue out all my inventory, then delete all
open orders for that Item, then change the UoM and then receive back the
inventory with new UoM.

  Hope this may help, but try it out in a TEST environment.

  Hemant

In Memories <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  hi

  transactions for a certain item were posted when the Inventory Unit of this
item was X. now we want to change this Unit to Y. As i know we cant because
transactions already exist. Is there a way to change unit? is the UOM is saved
with transactions or its just the quantity??

  thanks

        Business finance course   Business to business finance   Small business
finance     Business finance consultant   Business finance magazine   Business
finance schools