Hi All,

  We have a third party tool which is used to upload data from other systems
into Axapta... and these are mainly the transactions... i.e into the
   GL -> Journals-> General Journal
   AP -> Journals -> Payments -> Payment Journal
   AR -> Journals -> Payments -> Payment Journal

  The problem we are facing is when uploading trasactions where the credit or
debit are decimal numbers (Eg. 200.34 ) it is entered into Axapta tables in a
very particular manner...

  Instead of entering it as 200.34 it enters it as 200.340000473261.
   Now, when Axapta is validating this particular voucher line it give error as
follows :

   'Unit of -200.34, -200.34 being posted to account '10110' is too little.

   NOTE: [-200.34  being an amount and 10110 being the ledger account]

  This error is expected as the currency round off is to 2 decimals and the
acutal number is more than 2 decimals points...

  When i went to the particular table in SQL Server i.e Ledger Journal Trans
and checked the property of the particular fields i.e. AmountCurDebit and
AmountCurCredit
  the scale property is 12 (i.e. 12 digits are allowed to be entered after the
decimal place) and that is why instead of entering the number as 200.34 it
enters it as 200.340000473261 (filling up all the decimal places).
  After changing the scale to 4 the amount is being uploaded correctly and
validation is done properly by Axapta...

  My question is ... what will be the implications ater this change or will
there be any problems that may affect the other functionality of Axapta if I
change this particular value for this particular field in this table only...

  Awaiting a reply from the experts and hope i've made my problem clear...

  Thanks in advance...

  Regards,
  Sherin Francis